From growth-oriented to sustainable regional development
- Jun 27, 2022
- 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Dr. Markus Grillitsch
- Lund University, Director of CIRCLE, the Center for Innovation Research
- Main Topic
- Other Topics
- Wirtschaft, Gesellschaft, Philos., Erzieh.
- For many years, growth was the main goal of regional development. Policy instruments, especially the European approach of "Smart Specialization", aim at strengthening competitiveness through innovation. Due to the global climate catastrophe and strong interregional imbalances, priorities have shifted. This presentation discusses the shift in objectives and the accompanying theoretical and practical implications. This includes the need for instruments aimed at changing entire production and consumption systems, rather than those that promote growth in existing systems. It requires a broader understanding of economics that includes not only knowledge-intensive industries but also functions necessary for societal well-being. Furthermore, it requires an understanding of social engagement in qualitative change processes. Co-Presentation: Dr. Jon Morris (IOER): Sustainability and Well-Being: What to Measure? How to Measure?
Last modified: Jun 13, 2022, 11:12:41 AM
Andere (Online via Zoom)
Leibniz-Institut für ökologische RaumentwicklungWeberplatz101217Dresden
- +49 (0)351 46 79-241
- +49 (0)351 46 79-212
- Civil Eng., Architecture
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Environmental Sciences
- for Pupils
- Linguistics, Literature and Culture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Society, Philosophy, Education