International Summer School: "Human Rights in Theory and Practice – The European Convention on Human Rights in Times of Crises"
- Sep 5, 2021 - Sep 10, 2021
- 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Anja Seibert-Fohr, Lize R. Glas, Kyriaki Topidi, Edith Wagner, Zane Ratniece, Leander Beinlich, Mirka Möldner, Björnstjern Baade, Nils Schaks, Monika Polzin, Jessica Gavron, Mateja Platise, David Kosař, Alain Zysset, Caroline Omari Lichuma, Eli
- Zentrum für Internationale Studien
- Main Topic
- Other Topics
- Gesellschaft, Philos., Erzieh., Jura
- Summer School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to the 2nd Internatioanl Summer School "Human Rights in Theory and Practice", which will take place in Dresden from September 5th to 10th 2021. The Summerschool will focus on the topic of “The European Convention on Human Rights in Times of Crises” and will explore various challenges and opportunities for the European Human Rights System arising out of situations of crisis. Themes such as emergency situations, populism, migration and the role of economic, social and cultural rights in the context of crisis will be explored from an interdisciplinary perspective. Once again, it will be one of the Summerschool’s special ingredients that speakers will include both academics as well as practitioners, offering the unique opportunity to gain insights into current theoretical discussions as well as the everyday challenges of practicing law.
In 2019, more than 20 speakers and almost 100 participants from about 30 countries turned our first Human Rights Summer School in Leipzig into a space of lively discussion.
Everybody is welcome! The Summer School is designed for advanced students of law, political science, international relations and similar fields. Prior knowledge about the European Human Rights System may be beneficial but is not required.
Interested in participating? You can register here (https://tu-dresden.de/zis/kooperation/summer-school-on-human-rights-21-1/registration).
If you have any questions, please contact us via email: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last modified: Sep 9, 2021, 12:09:47 AM
- +49 351 463-34457
- +49 351 463-32883
- TUD Hörsaalzentrum
- +49 351 463-39685
- TUD Bereich Geistes- und Sozialwiss.
- Civil Eng., Architecture
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Environmental Sciences
- for Pupils
- Linguistics, Literature and Culture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Society, Philosophy, Education