Mesoscopic cold atom systems in and out of equilibrium (Virtual International Workshop)
- Sep 7, 2020 - Sep 11, 2020
- 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Doerte Blume, Thomas Busch, Artur Widera
- MPI-PKS Workshops, Seminare und Konferenzen
- Main Topic
- Mandy Lochar
- The workshop will discuss progress and future directions of mesoscopic cold atom and related systems, in and out of equilibrium. Topics of interest include experimentally accessible observables, higher-order correlations, diffusion dynamics, developing and benchmarking effective low-energy theories, thermalization, and quantum engineering protocols.
How can we observe correlations between constituents such as atoms, molecules, quasi-particles or spins of mesoscopic systems?
Can we tune a mesoscopic system from obeying the eigenstate thermalization hypothesis to violating it?
How can we unambiguously observe the transition between incoherent and coherent quantum diffusion?
What are the limits of state relaxation and engineering in non-adiabatic Hamiltonians?
How can we experimentally and theoretically benchmark effective, nonequilibrium theories?
Last modified: Aug 18, 2020, 10:36:15 AM
Online, please follow the internet link.
Max-Planck-Institut für Physik komplexer SystemeNöthnitzer Straße3801187Dresden
- + 49 (0)351 871 0
- Civil Eng., Architecture
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Environmental Sciences
- Linguistics, Literature and Culture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Society, Philosophy, Education