Archival and Publication of Research Data
- Feb 28, 2020
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- Christian Löschen
- MPI-PKS Kolloquium
- Main Topic
- Other Topics
Keeping digital research data secure for at least ten years has become a common requirement of funders and research institutions like TU Dresden. Beyond that, the EU nowadays even demands publication of data, which has been collected or created by funded research, as Open Access.
In this lecture the following aspects on archiving and publishing research
data will be addressed:
- How to select the correct data?
- How to prepare data, and properly describe it?
- Is there some motivation of publishing data, beyond the formal requirement?
- What has to be considered before publishing data?
- Where to publish data?
- Which license to select?
- What is Data Fairness and its benefits - and are published data always Fair Data?
You will get an introduction to OpARA, the institutional research data repository of TU Dresden (https://opara.zih.tu-dresden.de). Learn, how OpARA meets the requirements of archival and publication of research data, whether it enables Data Fairness, and how to use OpARA.
Participants are asked to bring along their laptops.
https://bildungsportal.sachsen.de/opal/auth/RepositoryEntry/212558807 16/CourseNode/88197712132465;jsessionid=434D47F6AE3EAB57B236 68C7CBD0804D.opalN4?01255880716/CourseNode/88197712132465;jsessionid=434D47F6AE3EAB57B23668C7CBD0804D.opalN4?0 (https://bildungsportal.sachsen.de/opal/auth/RepositoryEntry/212558807 16/CourseNode/88197712132465;jsessionid=434D47F6AE3EAB57B236 68C7CBD0804D.opalN4?0)
Last modified: Jan 21, 2020, 12:08:37 AM
- +49 351 463-35450
- +49 351 463-37773
- TUD ZIH
- Civil Eng., Architecture
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Environmental Sciences
- Linguistics, Literature and Culture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Society, Philosophy, Education