Nobel Prize Lectures
- Dec 9, 2019
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Invited SpeakersLive stream of the nobel prize lectures 2019
- Main Topic
- Martin SchraderNachwuchsgruppe BioKollektBiotechnologyHelmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf Bautzner Landstraße 400 l 01328 DresdenGebäude 801 | Raum P354Tel.: +49 351 260 2012
- This will be an open event – so every employee, no matter if doctoral researcher, technician, student or group leader is welcome to join. It is meant to give all of us some inspiration for our daily business, to educate ourselves outside the scope of our own research and to have inspired chats with all of your colleagues from all our diverse institutes.
We want to build a bridge to connect all of us through the one thing we all love: Science.
The schedule will be as followed:
09:00 – Opening words
09:10 – Lecture: Martin Chalfie, Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2008) - “GFP: Lighting Up Life”
10:10 – Lectures: John Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino: “For the development of lithium-ion batteries”
12:00 – Lunch Break
13:00 – Lectures: James Peebles - „For theoretical discoveries in physical cosmology” as well as Michel Mayor & Didier Queloz - “For the discovery of an exoplanet orbiting a solar-type star”
15:00 – Closing remarks
15:05 – Open end: Chat with your colleagues!
Since the lectures aren´t held yet, there might be slightly changes on the schedule.
Last modified: Dec 6, 2019, 12:05:27 AM
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (106/255 - Hörsaal)Bautzner Landstraße40001328Dresden
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-RossendorfBautzner Landstraße40001328Dresden
- Civil Eng., Architecture
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Environmental Sciences
- Linguistics, Literature and Culture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Society, Philosophy, Education