- Nov 14, 2019
- 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Marcel de Jeu
- Leiden University / University of Pretoria
- TUD Mathematik Oberseminar Analysis
- Main Topic
- PD Dr. A. Kalauch
- Many concrete spaces in analysis are Banach lattices, with natural groups acting as positive operators on them. One could even argue that such positive group representations are not less natural than unitary group representations on Hilbert spaces, but contrary to the latter, they have hardly been studied. A similar situation occurs for representations of ordered Banach algebras on Banach lattices, where a positive element of the algebra is then required to act as a positive operator. There is an elaborate theory of *_-representations of C*_-algebras, but far less is known about positive representations of ordered Banach algebras, even though such representations are not rare at all.
We shall indicate what is known about positive representations of groups and algebras, and mention some of the main problems. The results (and questions) in this lecture result from collaborations with Garth Dales, Ben de Pagter, Björn de Rijk, Yang Deng, Xingni Jiang, David Kok, Miek Messerschmidt, Dusan Radicanin, Mark Roelands, Jan Rozendaal, Frejanne Ruoff, Mayke Straatman, Tony Wickstead, and Marten Wortel.
Last modified: Oct 18, 2019, 3:51:50 PM
TUD Willers-Bau (WIL C129)Zellescher Weg12-1401069Dresden
TUD MathematikWillersbau, Zellescher Weg12-1401069Dresden
- 49-351-463 33376
- Civil Eng., Architecture
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Environmental Sciences
- Linguistics, Literature and Culture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Society, Philosophy, Education