Lipid function in health and disease
- 27.09.2019 - 30.09.2019
- 09:00 - 18:00
- Andere Themen
- Physik, Medizin
- Kai Simons, Triantafyllos Chavakis, Ünal Coskun, Elina Ikonen
- Lipids were center stage in biochemical research before the DNA revolution. Then they slowly disappeared. The attention was moved to the proteins that reside in cell membranes. Now the lipids are coming back. Their renaissance is promoted by superior analytical platforms that have unraveled the diversity of the lipid world. Screens of different cellular functions are consistently identifying genes that affect lipids and thus this neglected crowd has to be included in the analysis. Lipids are emerging as modulators of protein function, an increasing number of cellular functions are localized to cell membranes involving both lipids and proteins, the cell membranes themselves are revealing novel dynamic material properties that are indispensable for cellular signaling and metabolism. One beauty of this field is that it is powered by multi-disciplinarity. The program will combine biochemical, biophysical and cell biological approaches to lipid function and metabolism and move from basic science to cover lipids in health and disease. By trying to creatively present the attractiveness and breadth of the field, this EMBO Workshop will confront the speakers and the participants with the exciting challenges ahead.
Letztmalig verändert: 08.05.2019, 18:33:26
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and GeneticsPfotenhauerstraße10801307Dresden
- +49 351 210-0
- +49 351 210-2000
Siehe Beschreibung/See description
- Bauing., Architektur
- Elektro- u. Informationstechnik
- Gesellschaft, Philos., Erzieh.
- Sprache, Literatur und Kultur