Solstice 2019 - Conference on Discrete Models of Complex Systems
- 15.07.2019 - 17.07.2019
- 09:00 - 18:00
- Andere Themen
- Biologie, Physik, Informatik
- Complex systems are ubiquitous. Examples include financial markets, highway transportation and telecommunication networks, human economies, musical improvisation, social networks, and biological systems as development and morphogenesis, the immune system, cancer, and ecology. The key feature of a complex system is that it is composed of a large number of interacting entities exhibiting new emerging properties on a higher scale compared to the properties and behaviours of its individual entities.
Complex systems are studied in the social sciences, engineering,, music, physics, biology, and mathematics. The integral part of these interdisciplinary studies forms discrete modelling in terms of cellular automata, lattice-gas cellular automata, agent-based models, or complex networks. These models can be seen as the simplest digital laboratories to study phenomena exhibited by complex systems like self-organisation, pattern formation, cooperation, adaptation, competition, or multi-scale phenomena.
The aim of this conference is to bring together researchers from around the world working on the discrete modelling of complex systems and analysis of their dynamics. The conference provides a forum for an exchange of ideas and results of current research, and the discussion of potential future directions and developments. The conference will cover both theoretical and applied research. It will focus on discrete modeling methodologies and their applications to different scales of complex systems dynamics.
Program and Registration: https://solstice2019.loria.fr/
Letztmalig verändert: 03.05.2019, 08:47:28
Max-Planck-Institut für Physik komplexer SystemeNöthnitzer Straße3801187Dresden
- + 49 (0)351 871 0
Center for Information Services and High Performance ComputingZellescher Weg12-1401069Dresden
- +49 351 463-35450
- +49 351 463-37773
- TUD ZIH
- Bauing., Architektur
- Elektro- u. Informationstechnik
- Gesellschaft, Philos., Erzieh.
- Sprache, Literatur und Kultur